A bit of a change from sausage rolls and the like for Christmas snacking!
- One quantity basic Pizza Crust
- Your choice of filling
- I used a jar of chilli pesto, a generous bunch of spring onions (chopped), a finely chopped green pepper, and a mixture of grated Red Leicester and Emmenthal cheeses.
- I thought about using
- blanched and chopped spinach and feta
- tomato sauce, peppers, a few chopped olives, and finely chopped pepperoni
- whatever rocks your boat!
- Preheat your oven to 220C/425F/Gas Mark 7.
- Cut the pizza dough into four. Form each into a long sausage, and roll or stretch into a strip about four inches wide.
- Spread the dough with the pesto, leaving about half an inch clear along one long edge to seal the rolls.
- Sprinkle on the fillings of your choice evenly.
- Roll the dough into a sausage from the long edge; seal well. Cut into 1cm slices, and place spirals on an oiled and floured baking sheet.
- They do not need a second rise, so pop sheets straight into the hot oven and bake until ready – about 10 minutes.