So many complicated recipes out there – this is dead easy!
- Half quantity of Labneh
- Any one of the following
- a couple of smoked mackerel fillets, skinned and flaked;
- the flesh from a couple of undyed kippers, “jugged” (put in a tall jug, cover with boiling water, and leave for 5 minutes), skinned, and boned (!);
- 250g of undyed smoked haddock/cod, simmered for 10 minutes in a little milk, with bones and skin removed, drained and flaked.
- Salt and Pepper
- Just mix the flaked fish with “enough” Labneh, season to taste, and cool in the fridge.
- Good as a dip, a sandwich filling, or (best of all) a filling for a baked potato.