I don’t know what else to call them. But Christmas Dinner MUST start with these – or we have a family riot.
- 1 quantity of Labneh, preferably drained for at least 24 hours at room temperature for the slightly sharper flavour
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed/minced
- a large bunch of fresh flat leaf parsley, coriander, or dill
- 1 packet of sliced smoked salmon
- Mix the garlic, salt and pepper to taste, and the finely chopped herb of choice well into the labneh.
- Take a clean bun/cup-cake tray, and lay a slice of smoked salmon over each of the cups; pop a spoonful of the labneh into the middle, and wrap the salmon over the top to make a parcel. Continue until you run out of salmon, labneh, or bun tin. Pop into the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Serve on a very simple green salad – a bed of young spinach leaves, or a mix of rocket and good lettuce, with a few excellent olives.
- You could also chop the smoked salmon and mix into the labneh – and use to fill Cheese Puffs.