- Take a good ladle-ful of Basic Ful (about 200g; imagine half a tin of baked beans) per person. Mash roughly if you wish – the consistency should be of a very thick soup.
- Serve in soup bowls. Simply, as is, drizzled with olive oil, accompanied by pitta bread, and a salad. Or add one of …
- a couple of spring onions, and cubed feta cheese;
- a hard-boiled egg;
- a fried egg laid on top, or a plain omelette;
- sliced onions, fried deep brown, and CRISP
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped and fried gently;
- quarter lemon, and chopped parsley or coriander.