What to do with all the bits of cake, pudding, and biscuits after Christmas? Add the little bits left of rum, brandy, or whatever – all those drinks we only ever drink over the festive season! Easy Rum Balls.
- You’ll need 2 cups of fruit/other cake broken up in food processor.
- Soak a few sultanas/raisins in ¼ cup brandy or rum (or even orange juice or cold tea!) for 30 minutes. Add to the cake crumbs (you may need a little more liquid if it’s too dry) and allow to soak for a further 30 minutes.
- Add 125g of melted chocolate to the bowl and add ½ cup sifted icing sugar. Mix well.
- Roll teaspoons of the mixture into balls (wet your hands to stop them sticking) and place on baking paper covered trays.
- Roll in cocoa powder, coconut, chocolate sprinkles, ground almonds, sesame seeds, finely chopped nuts, whatever leftover ends of packets … as you wish.
- Refrigerate until firm.