With all my marmalade making, I have a surplus; in particular, I have a batch which didn’t set well. No worries – no waste.
Ingredients [quantities for my 2lb loaf tin]
- 285g/10oz self-raising flour
- 170g/6oz sugar
- 170g/6oz butter or margarine
- 3 eggs
- 3-4 large tbsps marmalade
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- sesame seed to sprinkle
- Pre-heat the oven to 170C/350F/Gas Mark 3.
- Cream the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one by one, mixing well with a little of the flour to stop the mixture curdling. Beat well, and mix in the marmalade.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt; fold in. Put mixture into a greased loaf tin, and sprinkle with sesame seeds and a little sugar.
- Bake for about an hour and a half, until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.