Love cauliflower cheese? This “finger-licking-good-comfort-food” recipe might just push your favourite cauliflower recipe into second place.
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, washed and broken into small florets
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- pinch of salt
- 170g/6oz flour
- generous grind of black pepper
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp paprika
- pinch of dried thyme
- generous pinch of mixed dried herbs
- Beat the eggs, milk, and salt in one small bowl. Mix together the flour, spices, and herbs in a second small bowl.
- Put a pan to the heat, with enough oil to deep fry the cauliflower.
- Swirl cauliflower florets in the egg mixture, then toss in the flower to coat well.
- Fry in batches until the florets are golden brown. This may take 5-6 minutes. Test one fresh from the pan – it should be slightly underdone, as the cauliflower will continue to cook/steam within its coating when you remove it from the pan.
- Remove florets from the oil and allow to drain on kitchen towel.
- Serve simply – a sprinkle of chopped parsley, and a simple dip. As easy as 2 tablespoons Greek yoghurt mixed with 2 teaspoons green pesto from a jar. Or?